Introduction to the Concepts of Culture and Space
The purpose of this course is to understand birth and creation of the notion of Culture. Analysis of the archetypes of European Culture in opposition to the polychromy of the world's cultures. It also analyzes the concepts of the architecture of the building and its space. The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the concepts of Culture, Art and Architecture.
The course examines how these concepts were created and what different meanings have taken in the course of history. The examination of the different concepts of culture and art is examined through the prism of architecture.
Basic topics examined:
• The birth of the phenomenon of Art and its different meanings
• Basic concepts of cultural theory.
• The Myth of the Supremacy and the Hierarchy of Cultures (Entartete Kunst)
• Exotism, Orientalism and Globalization.
• Global Hybrids
• Urban Cultures and young people.
• Art, music and mass culture.
• The re-discovery of Antiquity in the modern times